On 24.03.2018 13:32, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
The binaries were requested (and provided) by Henri Menke:
    https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2018/090611.html

 From what I understood (maybe I misunderstood) the regular linux
binaries would not even work on machines with musl, but maybe you have
both libc and musl installed?

It was not meant to be a short-term thing (unless/until we figure out
that there are too many problems with it and nobody uses it), but it
was probably never even tested properly and Hans did not yet implement
support in mtxrun, so maybe installing out-of-the-box would not yet
work, I don't have a machine to test it.

I was just writing this message when more replies arrived. I have never heard of musl and have never installed it; pretty sure all my linux installations are regular ones with libc. So: the problem appears to be with the test in

if command -v ldd >/dev/null && ldd --version 2>&1 | grep -q ^musl
        then
                libc=musl
        else
                libc=glibc
        fi

which appears to default to musl even if it is not present. But I don't know enough about shell scripting to debug it - could it also be a problem with the shell used? (Mine is zsh.)

Thomas