On 24.03.2018 14:06, Arthur Reutenauer wrote:
   Quite possibly the shell makes a difference, but the expression being
grepped for really should be protected by quotes.  Can you try

        ldd --version 2>&1 | fgrep -q '^musl'

?

        Best,

                Arthur

Arthur, with your command, I get an empty line as return. My question still stands: what is the expected result for this test? If I run the command

ldd --version 2>&1 | grep -q ^musl

from inside my system, grep will report all the subdirectories with a line

grep: XXX: Is a directory

So: if the test defaults to "musl" when the return is non-empty, that would explain a lot. And it should be adapted since it puts a lot of confidence into the return of this command.

Thomas