Hi Thomas,

you have to put your images in a floatcombination environment.

\setupexternalfigure[location=default]

\starttext

\startplacefigure[location=none]
    \startfloatcombination[2*1]
        \placefigure{A dutch cow}{\externalfigure[cow][height=5cm]}
        \placefigure{A dutch mill}{\externalfigure[mill][height=5cm]}
    \stopfloatcombination
\stopplacefigure

\stoptext

Wolfgang
Tomas Hala <mailto:tomas.h...@mendelu.cz>
25. März 2018 um 12:11
Hi all,

I struggled with a pair of figures which will float together in a text,
each with its own caption. I found out the following solution and
I would like to ask whether this is the "oficial" and the best way
how to do it.

\starttext
\placefigure{}{\dontleavehmode\externalfigure[a.jpg]\externalfigure[a.jpg]\externalfigure[a.jpg]}
or
\placefigure{}{\dontleavehmode\externalfigure[a.jpg]\hfill\externalfigure[a.jpg]\hfill\externalfigure[a.jpg]}
\stoptext

Best,

Tomáš

25. März 2018 um 12:21
I am taking it back, it has only one caption:-(

I wanted to send this code:

\starttext
\startcolumns[n=2]
\placefigure{c11}{\externalfigure[cow][height=3cm]}
\column
\placefigure{c12}{\externalfigure[cow][height=3cm]}
\stopcolumns
\stoptext

Tomáš

#