On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 10:08:44AM +0100, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 20 March 2018 at 08:42, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>> I’ve one annoying problem with ConTeXt: all üs (small u umlauts) seem to be
>> encoded as decomposed unicode or something like that, at least every ü
>> breaks into u + garbage if I copy some text from a ConTeXt PDF to an app
>> that doesn’t really support Unicode.
>
> You are on macOS, right?
>
> In my experience it was usually Apple's technology to blame.

  I agree with you that Apple’s software has a tendency to decompose
characters, but I wouldn’t blame them for that: it’s perfectly
Unicode-compliant to do so, and by now software should support
combining characters in at least a basic way.  It’s a real problem that
the software from the Deutsche Post isn’t able to handle them correctly.

        Best,

                Arthur