Dear Readers,

I have been playing about with METAFUN over the last few days trying to get a feel for it. I was wondering if it is possible to save the graphics produced in a context document for use outside. On looking at the Metapost manual I see you can using the following commands save a graphic as an svg file.

/outputformat := "svg"; /

/outputtemplate := "test.svg";/

//

I have tried adding this to some MPcode in a ConteXt document but these lines seem to be ignored since no svg file is produced apart from the usual ConTeXt files. Is this expected behaviour? I have been able to get svg files using mpost on the command line.

Here is a minimum working example (which I'm sure could be coded more elegantly):

/\starttext/

//

/\startMPcode/

//