On 04/08/2018 04:41 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 4/8/2018 12:11 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> [...]
>> I want a full circle in two halves with the same duplicated sentence.
>> The first one written clockwise and the second one written
>> counterclockwise (as in the commented path above).
>>
>> I hope it is clearer now.
>
>      path p ; p := reverse halfcircle scaled 5cm ;
>      path q ; q := reverse halfcircle scaled 5cm rotated 180 ;
>
>      path q ; q := reverse halfcircle scaled 5cm rotated 180 ;
>
>      \followtokens{~this way~}
>      \followtokens{\reversedtext{~this way~}}

Many thanks for the reply, Hans.

I don’t know what I’m missing here, but I cannot get your code working.
Here you have the full sample:

  \useMPlibrary[txt]

  \starttext
  \startuseMPgraphic{followtokens}
     path p ; p := reverse halfcircle scaled 5cm ;
     path q ; q := reverse halfcircle scaled 5cm rotated 180 ;

     path q ; q := reverse halfcircle scaled 5cm rotated 180 ;
  \stopuseMPgraphic

  \followtokens{~this way~}
  \followtokens{\reversedtext{~this way~}}
  \stoptext

\reversedtext is undefined (I’m using beta from 2018.04.04 00:51).

But even commenting that second command, \followtokens seems to require
that path is named RotPath to be used the text. I get the standard line.

What am I doing wrong here?

> we will have this in metafun:
>
>      followtext("this way",p) ;
>
> so that one can do it all in mp ... a nice gimmick for the ctx meeting

This will be incredibly handy.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--