Greetings, Wolfgang,

On 08.04.2018 17:46, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

definecolor[kleur][blue]

setupcolors[state=start,textcolor=kleur]

setupnotedefinition[footnote][color=kleur]
setupnote [footnote][rulecolor=kleur]

…etc…

It works! Thank you for the solution.

One thing that puzzles me, however, is that you (Wolfgang) are able to produce solutions using (so it seems) undocumented commands and parameters. How did you hit upon the idea to use 'rulecolor' here? I rely on the ConTeXt manual (2013 version), and there is nothing there to suggest that 'rulecolor' determines the colour of the text of footnotes. Neither did the Wiki help me.

Is there some hidden documentation I do not know about?

Robert