A few more notes:

1. Missing texlua - found
The missing `texlua` from `bin/` and `tex/texmf-linuxmusl-64/bin` appears
to be a problem originating at the rsync source, notably it appears that
`texlua` is missing from these paths:

http://standalone.contextgarden.net/setup/linuxmusl-64/
http://standalone.contextgarden.net/current/bin/luatex/linuxmusl-64/bin/

The `texluac` also appears to be missing from these paths (but I have not
experienced errors that appear relating to its absence).

2. mtxrun not finding paths
Running `context` results in an error because it cannot find
`mtx-context.lua`.

I can confirm that mtx-context.lua is in an expected path with:

$ /context # find . -name mtx-context.lua
./tex/texmf-context/scripts/context/lua/mtx-context.lua

I noted mtxrun checks and sets the `platform` (`os.platform`) variable, and
will use `linux-64` by default.  When musl is being used this ought to be
`linuxmusl-64`.  Two potential solutions are:

 a. have mtxrun detect musl with a call to `ldd --version` when setting
`platform`; or
 b. symlink texmf-linux-64 -> texmf-linuxmusl-64

I tried both but `context` still cannot find `mtx-context.lua`.

The path resolution is complex and challenging to debug, and I expect the
issue may be immediately apparent to some.

I've attached a log of a call to `context` with a number of the traces
turned on, that hopefully sheds some light on the problem.

I'm happy to delve or investigate further as may be helpful, and any
assistance is appreciated.

Cheers,
Brian

--

*from the personal account of:*

*Brian M Hunt *<brianmh...@gmail.com>
Direct: +1-289-684-4677
LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/brianmhunt

*This e-mail may contain information that is private, privileged,
confidential and/or exempt from disclosure. Except as per this notice no
waiver of any kind is intended by sending this e-mail, and this email is
intended only for the named recipient(s) or the subscribers of a forwarding
service the email is sent directly to and to which service you are an
authorized recipient. Use, dissemination or copying without authorization
is prohibited. Please notify the sender and destroy all copies of this
e-mail if you have received this email in error.*