On 4/11/2018 10:51 PM, Alan Braslau wrote:
On Wed, 11 Apr 2018 22:41:41 +0200
Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

Question2: What is going on with \setupfloatcaption ?
some heuristics to determine the best width ... so that you still get
a reasonable caption with very narrow figures and not excessive
captions with too wide figures and when possible a one liner ... it's
no problem adding some variants (there are some dimensions that can
be set already) but the current mechanism is not going to change

Hans, I did not ask about funny behavior with captions in general, just
about the handling of key=value for align and with location=.
(And no MWE needed, as I am asking a question about the interface.)
sure but i want to see why something you expect to work doesn's

tolerance in text/par alignment is just that: adding tolerance and it is bound to align and it only kicks in in par building and there is not always a par involved

location has to do with the placement and float as a whole and there tolerance has to deal with snapping

so ... unrelated tolerances