Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد <mailto:idris.ha...@colostate.edu>
25. Juni 2018 um 21:42
On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 13:17:40 -0600, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد schrieb:
\setuphead[chapter]   [conversion=R]

\setuplist[chapter][width=2.8em]

\definecombinedlist
[content]
[chapter]
[level=chapter,
alternative=c,
numberalign=flushright]

Use \setuplist to change the numeralign setting, you need also a
distance value.

\setuplist
   [chapter]
   [alternative=c,
    width=2.8em,
    distance=1em,
    numberalign=flushright]

Many thanks. Had come up with this awkward workaround:

\define[1]\FLUSHRIGHT{\hfill#1\hbox to0.7em{}}

\setuplist[chapter][width=2.8em]
\setuplist[chapter][stopper=.,numbercommand=\FLUSHRIGHT]

Does the attached tex file look correct?

\setuplist
  [chapter]
  [alternative=c,
   width=1.85em,
   distance=0.5em,
   numberalign=flushright,
   level=chapter]

You can remove the level setting.

\definecombinedlist
[content]
[chapter]

If one turns on \showframe, one sees that the width value does not prevent crossing the left side of the textblock (a good thing). OTOH, getting the TOC numerals to lineup with the left side is a matter of trial and error. [width=1.85em comes close]

And if the document is changed so that the wider roman numerals are not needed, then one has to reset the width value, again by trial and error.

So is there a way to make the left side of the textblock flush with the widest roman? It's by no means urgent, but sine we are supposed to be able to automate nearly everything.. -)

This isn’t supported but adding a sample key (which is supported by enumerations) where you can set a text which is used to calculate the width should be easy.

The attached file shows which values are valid for \setupcombinedlist.

Ah, our npp-4-context config files for calltips need updating, I have

\definecombinedlist [NAME]
[LIST]
[INHERIT: \setuplist]

but that should be

\definecombinedlist [NAME]
[LIST]
[INHERIT: \setupcombinedlist]

I have the changes only in my local files.

Wolfang