On 7/26/2018 11:01 PM, Joseph Canedo wrote:
Dear list,

Somehow the Following MWE processed with recent betas :

%%%%

\setuplayout[grid=both] % commenting does not change the result

\starttext

\dorecurse{31}{

A.

}

\input knuth

\blank[line, samepage]Second.

\stoptext

%%%%

Outputs a pdf with 2 pages and « Second » is left alone in 2^nd page.

This is different from online context with prints last line of knuth par in 2^nd page too.

I thought that « samepage » specifier in \blank prevented page break at that point ? Is there another option for this now ?
i'm still figuring out the best way to support both the spacing model (which has to look ahead) and side floats (where we run into the usual stuff done in grouping that need to be known outside and it's that code that's needed for some of my collegues work) .. in fact those are the most complex mechanisms that at some point (aroudn end this year) i want to more or less freeze .. till then betas can differ (which is why they're betas)

i have a solution (but esp the specific tricky side float stuff will only work ok in an upcoming luatex as i am not going to figure out some temp solution)