Am Sat, 18 Aug 2018 13:47:32 +0200 schrieb Hans Hagen:

>> On the luaotfload tracker was a bug report that the loading of a
>> font failed if too many character variant were requested
>>
>> https://github.com/lualatex/luaotfload/issues/424
>>
>> I wanted to check if the problem still exist with a current
>> fontloader. Here (both context and latex) the loading of this fonts
>> fails even if no character variants at all are requested:

> What are character variants? Anyway, if it's "features" there is no
> relation between choosing features and loading a font.

As far as I got it they are open type features to select variants of
characters and are used as any other open type feature:

;+cv01=0;+cv02=0;+cv03=0;+cv04=0;+cv05=0;+cv06=0;...

In the bug report the problem seemed to be that the user used so
many of this features that some string got too long.

But due to the other error I couldn't look at it yet.

>> it is in the 07-iosevka-type-slab-2.0.0.zip.
> Hm, another of these N x M instance fonts generated from a common
> source? I can catch the bad coverage table but it will never render okay.

Thanks. And I will forwared the warning ;-).

--
Ulrike Fischer
https://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/