On 8/21/2018 1:59 AM, Lars wrote:
Hi there, thanks for your interest in Textadept. It's a great editor and I am sure that you won't regret testing it and using it in the future. Just have some patience.

i played with it a few times but its biggest drawback is the lack of a fast and realtime console pane like scite has so i keep coming back to scite (on the contrary scite has the lpeg lexer extern and its lua is not shared with scites lua which is a drawback there) .. so currently i see ta as a fallback

in the context distrubution there are actually files for textadept but because its (still?) a moving target with a changing interface i'm not sure if it works with the latest (it's btw one reason why the files that ship with context basically reset a lot of the fetaures because as usual with editors, they tend to add lots of key bindings and stuff not needed for tex and friends)

anyway,

../context/data/textadept/context/textadept-context.cmd
../context/data/textadept/context/textadept-context.sh

still work on my machine so ... it's kind of providing the same functionality as we use in scite.

*Fifth, is your context lexer loaded when you compile the file?* Check the status bar in the lower right corner. If it doesn't say "context" but "latex" or "text" or anything like that, then choose the context lexer via "Buffer" -> "Select lexer...".
the lexer that we use in scite and textadept both use the textadept lexer dll (which plugs into scintilla) but because the lua code that came with it kept changing and i needed way better performance (for large files like char-def) than was possible at that time i also rewrote that code for our purpose (also because i wanted spell checking, utf and such) ...

at some point the ta lexing method changed a bit so it became faster ...
all such such lexers sort of follow the same approach, mark regions and associate them and we already had similar stuff on board in context so i could combine things a bit

i think that the scite/ta lexers that we ship are quite ok (i've now used them for years) and they are probably better than the context lexer that comes with textadept, i.e. the context one supports a mix of tex, mp, lua etc, knows primitives, commands, helpers, and follows up on the way we have had syntax highlighting for decades which in turn closely relates to the way the context user interface evolved

notepad++ does use the same scintilla editing framework but cannot load the lexer dll; it does bidi a bit better

anyway, with both scite and ta i can gamble on two horses