Thank you again Wolfgang.

Yet another question:

I like to get rid of the \par and tried integrating it into the tablesetups
somehow. I've tried adding things like before={\blank} and before\par but
couldn’t get it to work.

\starttext

\startsetups [tablesetups]

    \setupTABLE [start]      [frame=off,rulethickness=0pt,offset=0pt]
    \setupTABLE [column] [1] [width=6cm,align=flushleft]
    \setupTABLE [column] [2] [width=3cm,align=flushleft]
\stopsetups

Calculate the hydrostatic pressure of the following fluid.
\par    % <-- can I get rid of this par?
\bTABLE [setups=tablesetups]
    \bTR
        \bTD Well depth     \eTD
        \bTD 10100 ft       \eTD