On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 12:57:54 +0200
"Jan U. Hasecke" <juh+ntg-cont...@mailbox.org> wrote:

> \definemeasure
>       [bleed]
>       [3mm]
>
> I used this value to generalize the A4-flyer dimensions.
>
> \definepapersize
>       [A4-flyer]
>       [width=\dimexpr297mm+2\measured{bleed}\relax,
>        height=\dimexpr210mm+2\measured{bleed}\relax]

That looks good. Note that the value 297 needs to be changed if
“shortfold” is changed. Which is unlikely because it's based on an
A4 paper size. Still, keep that in mind.

> But horizontal pageshift is beyond my grasp.
>
> I can't see how to generalize the values.

I looked into it and this is what I came up with:

\definepageshift
  [flyer]
  [horizontal]
  [\dimexpr\measure{bleed}/2-\measure{shortfold}\relax,
   \dimexpr\measure{bleed}/2\relax,
   \dimexpr\measure{bleed}/2\relax,
   \dimexpr\measure{bleed}/2+2\measured{shortfold}\relax,
   \dimexpr\measure{bleed}/2\relax,
   \dimexpr\measure{bleed}/2-\measure{shortfold}\relax]

Marco