On 10/7/2018 10:56 AM, Hans Åberg wrote:

On 7 Oct 2018, at 01:32, Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

On 10/7/2018 1:24 AM, Andrew Dunning wrote:
Dear list,
Has anyone ever looked into packaging ConTeXt for Homebrew on macOS (see
<https://brew.sh>)? Providing it as an installation option would make it far
easier to obtain the latest version.

How do you now update? It's just one recall to first-setup.sh

It would be better to put the development version in TeXLive as a separate package—on
MacOS, it comes with the TeX Live Utility which gives update notifications
frequently, once a week, but one can run it more frequently by hand. Just give it a
different name than from the ordinary distribution, say context-<version>.

When I used the beta, it was difficult to switch with other TeX software. So
this might be better.
hm, you can install context alongside texlive and just change the path as everything else is picked up from that (also a lightweight context distribution is normally faster than context in texlive)

(till now we only update context in telive once per year and i don't know if mojca pushes the latest context in there for the updating; till now often it went in sync with a luatex update)