On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 4:32 PM Tomas Hala <tomas.h...@mendelu.cz> wrote:

> Mon, Oct 22, 2018 ve 04:22:43PM +0200 luigi scarso napsal(a):
> #    On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 2:25 PM Tomas Hala <[1]tomas.h...@mendelu.cz>
> #    wrote:
> #
> #      Hi all,
> #
> #      doing some test with fonts I discovered that
> #
> #      mtxrun--script fonts --reload
> #
> #      crashed (line 479, TL 2018) on existing directory if this directory
> has
> #      incorrect permissions (in tested case I set 000 for making the
> directory
> #      and its subtree completely invisible).
> #
> #    what do you mean with "crashed"  ?
>
> $ chmod 000 /home/thala/texmf/fonts/fffctx-fonts-for-testing/
> $ mtxrun --script fonts --reload
> resolvers       | trees | analyzing 'home:texmf'
> /home/share/texlive/lastedition/bin/i386-linux/mtxrun:479: cannot open
> /home/thala/texmf/fonts/fffctx-fonts-for-testing/: Permission denied
>
> and it stops doing nothing else.

ok, but  as far as I can see it's not a crash,
it's just an error like "open file foo"  when  you have not the right
permissions on foo.
In other words: mtxrun  doesn't have  the right permissions in that folder
so it' correct that it stops
*and* exits. If it stops and hang forever, of if it stops with a seg.
fault,  then it's an error,

--
luigi