On 10/23/2018 11:04 AM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

On 23. Oct 2018, at 10:43, Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

examples ... i thought that there is a kind of error message on the console (at
least in a tex run)

Yes, I often get errors like “can’t close tag <foo> with </bar> on line XXXX.”
But I don’t know in which situations these messages pop up and when context simply bails
out.
normally when i see such an error i check the file with tidy