Thanks a lot, Peter.

Am 14.11.18 um 14:58 schrieb Peter Rolf:
> Hi Jan,
>
> I donno if things have changed (ConTeXt is a fast moving target), so
> take my answers with a grain of salt.
>
> (1)
> AFAIK there is no ACTIVE color management in ConTeXt in the sense that
> there is an automatic color conversion from one profiled(!) colorspace
> into another profiled color space. This means that all given colors
> (objects) have to be in the correct (profiled) color space already!
>
> Objects with embedded color profiles (e.g. a PDF bitmap graphic with icc
> profile) will use those. Objects without a profile will use the
> corresponding "default" color space profiles. These default color space
> profiles can be defined via "profile" in \setupbackend.
> This way every color in the PDF is defined properly.

This would clarify some of the issues.

When I define rgb colors AND use not-print-modus I get the right rgb
colors in the pdf.

When I define cmyk colors AND use print modus I get colors that might be
correct (tested next week)

But obviously it is not possible to define both color spaces in
\definecolor because I don't get the same colors in the pdf as with the
cmyk-only defined file.

Maybe I misunderstood this, I've got a hint here, that I could define
rgb and cmyk in the same \definecolor and choose the right color space
in \setupcolors.

The correct method of defining rgb AND cmyk in the same file would be to
put the definecolor command inside a startstopmode-environment.

Can someone confirm this?

> (2)
>
> I think so. Can't test, because my Windows 10 is beyond repair after
> three "upgrades" and Acrobat is not working properly anymore.
>
> (3)
>
> Judging from the size of the final PDF, the icc profile is not embedded.
> The profiles have to be installed in "the right place" (this includes
> ConTeXt but also the PDF viewer software).
>
> See "ICC profiles" section at
>
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDFX

With --mode=print (which uses the color profiles) the pdf get bigger.
>10.000 compared to 8.000 without the mode. So I would guess that they
are included.

I hope I get this sorted out, because I want to print a series of
folders and other print products with ConTeXt in the near future.

juh