Hi all,

I am attempting to process html tables that are styled using css,
and I have problem with the ‘height’ property. CSS (or rather, the
html browser) interprets ‘height’ as if it was a “minheight”, and
if the content does not fit, it will just enlarge the height until
it does fit.

Needless to say: I want that same functionality from the ConTeXt
table I am using to generate the PDF and not end up with text
crossing row boundaries. And I cannot figure out how
to do it, as neither bTABLE’s \bTD nor xtable’s \startxcell
interpret a “minheight" parameter. And whatever I put in “height”
becomes the absolute value of the cell height.

Did I miss something? I cannot imagine that this problem has not
come up before…

Best wishes,
Taco

Example code:

\starttext
\bTABLE[frame=on]
\bTR \bTD[height=20pt] \input tufte \eTD \eTR
\eTABLE
\blank[10*line]
\startxtable[frame=on]
\startxrow \startxcell[height=20pt] \input tufte \stopxcell \stopxrow
\stopxtable