Hi,

You can define your own white space and then attribute it to each item, as in
the following:

\setupwhitespace[big]
\startsetups[mywhitespace]
        \setupwhitespace[small]
        \setupblank[small]
\stopsetups
\setupitemize[each][inner=\directsetup{mywhitespace}]

\starttext
\input knuth

\startitemize
\dorecurse{3}{%