Mikael P. Sundqvist schrieb am 05.02.19 um 20:17:
On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 5:11 PM Wolfgang Schuster
<wolfgang.schuster.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
Mikael P. Sundqvist schrieb am 05.02.19 um 15:37:
Hi,

With latest beta, the file below throws me the error given below the
example file. I thought this was possible (see
http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/cont-enp.pdf, (pdf)page
202). The error is not present if I remove the third problematic index
entry.

/Mikael

% Example file

\starttext
This does not look right:
\index{entry}
\index[key]{entry}
\index[infinifty]{$+\infty$}
\index[infinifty]{$\mathplus\infty$}

ConTeXt uses + as separator in index entries.

In you example the argument is split into the two parts “$” and
“\infty$” which creates two incomplete formulas.

Wolfgang
Many thanks, works like charm for +\infty. For -\infty, it seems that
an endash(?) is picked up instead. I notice the following definitions
in math-ini.mkiv

\unexpanded\def\mathplus {+}
\unexpanded\def\mathminus{\ifmmode –\else\iffontchar\font`−−\else –\fi\fi}
Seems wrong to me because math mode should use the normal hyphen.
So, a follow-up question: Should I use something else than
\index[minusinfty]{$\mathminus\infty$} if I want -\infty in the index?
Only + is a special character in the index entry but - can be used without problems
and you don’t have to use \mathminus.

Wolfgang