Thank you Henning and Marco,

but both scripts trow the same error on windows and linux-armhf:

grph-downsample.lua:32: bad argument #2 to 'format' (number has no integer
representation)

Hans' luacode seem not to change the resolution of the pictures at all.
It works, the size of the pictures get smaller but the resolution remains the
same.

Greetings Lutz