Hi all,

I am siting with a project of making a “dwarsligger”, you know these books,
printed on bible-thin-printing paper, which are about  12 x 8 cm. One opens
them while holding them ‘landscape’ with the spine on the top…

Now there is of course a little struggle with the page numbering. The reading
page consists out of the even page together with the following uneven page. It
is easy to print on the uneven page a page number, however this will result in
uneven page numbers only throughout the book.

My question is, whether there is an algorithm to print page numbers as follows:

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 (this is the ordinary numbering)
1     2     3     4     5 (this is the requested numbering)

Does someone have an idea how to solve this?

Any hints are most appreciated!

Willi