On Mon, 18 Mar 2019, Romain Diss wrote:

Le 13/03/2019, Aditya Mahajan a �crit
> Is there a simple way to split a large \startframedtext environment over
> multiple pages. It doesn't work out of the box and I didn't find any
> option make it work in the wiki nor in the documentation I read.

Use backgrounds or textbackgrounds.
Thank you but I still can't achieve what I want to do whith this
command.

I try to make something similar to the frames in the
"mkiv-publications.pdf" manual (page 6 or 22 for a bibliography for
examples).
I suppose Hans Hagen made use of metafun to do it but I encounter some
problems with 'textbackgrounds'.

In this minimal example, the frame doesn't appear (or if i set
[frame=on,leftframe=off] all the frame is rendered) and the left and
right offsets are not took into account.

textbackground uses metapost for ALL backgrounds and the default metapost code to draw the background (draw_multi_pars, defined in mp-abck.mkiv) doesn't handle individual frames. So, you have to write your own metapost code to draw the side bar.

Another option for simple backgrounds is to use `\definebackground` instead of `definetextbackground`. The background mechanism doesn't have too many options, but does honor leftframe and rightframe by default.

Aditya