On Thu, 21 Mar 2019 13:16:04 -0300
Tomas Badan <tba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking at context documentations and source code, it says that for
> electronic category we have:
> * Required fields: title
> * Optional fields: address, author, howpublished, month, note,
> organization, url, year, doi
>
> So, when I run this simple code:
>
>     \startbuffer[example]
>     @ELECTRONIC {example,
>         title = "One title",
>         url = "http://www.example.org";,
>     }
>     \stopbuffer
>
>     \usebtxdefinitions[aps]
>
>     \definebtxdataset[basic]
>     \usebtxdataset[basic][example.buffer]
>     \definebtxrendering
>         [basic]
>         [aps]
>         [dataset=basic]
>
>     \setupbtx[dataset=basic]
>     \nocite[example]
>
>     \starttext
>     \placelistofpublications[basic]
>     \stoptext
>
> I've got an output that is similar with:
>
>     [1] , One title, http://www.example.org (unpublished)
>
> which seems incorrect to me (author should not be rendered, and I was
> expecting year not to be accounted for too). Am I doing something
> wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Tomás
>
> PS. Original question was posted here:
> https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/480416/bibliography-what-is-the-correct-way-to-setup-and-invoke-the-category-electron

The APS style definitions currently expect:
"author", "collaboration", "organization"

and, indeed, if there is none, it should not include the comma.
So the texdefinition (in publ-imp-aps.mkvi) should be changed to:

\starttexdefinition unexpanded btx:aps:author
    \btxdoif {author} {
        \btxflush{author}
        \btxcomma
    }
\stoptexdefinition

Secondly, why do you expect not to have (unpublished)?
The APS style guides suggest that unpublished material
should be labeled "unpublished" or "private communication".

Alan