Dear All,

I try to save \localhsize in a variable (with \edef), but whenever the
enclosure changes, my variable changes too.

\starttext
\edef\myVar{\dimexpr (\localhsize-15pt)\relax}

localhsize: \the\dimexpr\localhsize\relax \\
myVar: \the\dimexpr\myVar\relax \\

\setupnarrower[middle=50mm]
\startnarrower
localhsize: \the\dimexpr\localhsize\relax \\
myVar: \the\dimexpr\myVar\relax \\
\stopnarrower
\stoptext

I would expect that myVar has the same value inside the narrower as outside,
because I used \edef and not \def.

Is there another variable I can use, or does someone knows a solution for this
specific problem?
Thanks, Julian

btw. everything works as expected, if I do not use \localhsize.