On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 10:06:03 -0400 (EDT)
Aditya Mahajan <adit...@umich.edu> wrote:

> > I uploaded a new beta (as we're now post current again). The lmtx
> > installation is normally also updated in sync but sometimes can be a bit
> > ahead as I myself use that as default.
>
> Is there or will there be any difference between context mkiv and
> luametatex distributions apart from the binaries?

The backends are different as are a few other details but the base macros are
the same. Hans is working on an article describing this that I believe he will
be presenting at BachoTeX and publishing in TugBoat.

Alan

P.S. The new beta seems to fix a problem that Preview (and Skim) on MacOS had
in rendering certain characters (some peculiarity/bug in the Apple pdf library).