Hi,

I am experimenting with using lua libraries with lmtx. I tried the following:

1. Download the lcomplex library (from http://webserver2.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/ar/lcomplex-100.tar.gz)

2. Untar and modify the Makefile so that LUA_TOPDIR points to the right location (/usr in my case).

3. Run make. This creates a complex.so file in the current directory.

4. Create a test file (and put complex.so in the same directory)

\starttext
\startluacode
  local complex=require("complex")

  z = complex.new(1,1);
  context("The absolute value of $z=%f + j%f$ is $%f$",
           z:real(), z:imag(), z:abs());
\stopluacode
\stoptext

This file runs correctly with mkiv, but when I try to run it with lmtx, I get the error

lua error > lua error on line 8 in file /home/adityam/Software/lcomplex/lcomplex-100/test.tex:

...etatex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/l-package.lua:325: error loading module 'complex' from file './complex.so':
        ./complex.so: undefined symbol: lua_gettop

Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Aditya