On 4/28/2019 8:10 PM, Rudolf Bahr wrote:

Dear list,

I'm getting unexplainable artefacts in the pdf-output.

My MWE is:

------------------
\starttext

\externalfigure
     [input.png]
     [width=100mm]

\stoptext
------------------

I append the output "MWE.pdf" and the input-figure "input.png" for comparison.

I'm experiencing the artefacts with some figures which are all several years
old.
Until now it never happened in conTeXt programs. Because I installed a new OS
(LinuxMint) on my workstation at the same time I tried 3 pdfviewers (okular,
evince, xpdf) all with the same result.

different inclusion code

I'm using LuaMetaTeX, Version 2.00.0,
ConTeXt  ver: 2019.04.13 17:25 MKIV beta  fmt: 2019.4.15

Please, do you have any idea what could be the reason?
no problems here .. can you update?