On 6/27/19 10:54 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>> On 26 Jun 2019, at 21:53, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> [...]
>> I guess I must be doing something wrong.
>
> No, it is not you.
>
> The problem is that \definefontfamily always expands its arguments
> completely, so by the time you call the body font up, it will already
> contain the actual font name instead of the macro \DefinedFont.
>
> (I had to test that for myself first)
>
> Also, it seems that \definefontfamily does not like redefinitions.
>
> (I had to test that for myself as well)

Many thanks for your detailed explanation, Taco.

I really appreciate to understand how the body font is handled in ConTeXt.

As you wrote, \setupbodyfont is only needed once. I don’t use other body
font command in almost any document. This is a special case, required to
show the difference in italic correction.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk