Hi Henri,
Thanks for your suggestions, they are very instructive.
However, my request is not a smart way of displaying matrices
but to know why \bmatrix and \vmatrix are not provided
in core part of ConTeXt although \pmatrix is provided already
in math-pln.mkiv

About matrices, I first found commands in your first email in
http://dl.contextgarden.net/myway/context-latex-math.pdf
(like \startpmatrix \NC A\NC B\NR \NC C\NC D\NR\stoppmatrix)
and then browsing ma-cb-en.pdf I noticed another command
like \pmatrix{A&B\cr C&D\cr}.
Now by your email, I know a command \pmatrix{A, B; C, D}

One might say ConTeXt is flexible but I've an impression
that ConTeXt is in a state of confusion/disorder.

I think it is better if a standard command is provided
by core ConTeXt or by a module etc.

Or is it ConTeXt way that each user defines his/her own commands
in setup area and uses them in text area?
I'm afraid consistency and/or portability is lost in such scenario.

BTW, I constantly convert Beamer documents into ConTeXt's
simpleslide documents recently and it is very convenient
if I can use \pmatrix{a&b\cr c&d\cr} style because it is similar
to LaTeX documents.