On 7/9/2019 10:37 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

On 8 Jul 2019, at 17:18, mf <mass...@fastwebnet.it> wrote:

Hello list,
i've played a bit with interfaces.definecommand, that lets you define TeX macros from lua
(see the "ConTeXt Lua Documents", 7.3 User interfacing).

I found that the commands defined by interfaces.definecommand fail when you
pass string arguments that contain brackets.

I think cldf-int.lua needs a patch to support those kind of arguments.

FYI, it fails because definecommand() creates a \myCommand that is equivalent
to this:

   \def\myCommand#1{\ctxlua {_clmm_('myCommand',[[#1]])}}

The [[…]] is the lua multi-line string syntax, like /* */ in C.

So if the #1 expands into \blank[line], that produces [[\blank[line]]]
resulting in a trailing extra ‘]’, which is a lua syntax error.

In the meantime it's possible to bypass the problem passing arguments with
brackets inside double braces, as in the MWE attached.

Adding a space at the end also works, but a core patch makes sense to me.
i'll re-implment it in a more modern way