I think I have identified a bug in the side figure mechanism which is
demonstrated by the minimal example below. The {\bf …} construct causes the
para in which it appears to stop behaving properly with the side figure,
and the text overflows. The preceding and following paras which don't have
{\bf …} do behave properly.

I wondered if emphasis like \bf should be done differently (with a
start/stop mechanism?) in mkiv, but I found nothing to suggest it.

\starttext
Blah blah.
\placefigure[right,none]{}{\externalfigure[cow][width=0.30\makeupwidth]}
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah.
{\bf Blah blah} blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah.
\stoptext

Thanks for any help.

Duncan