On Wed, 4 Sep 2019, Damien Thiriet wrote:

With biblatex I was using crossref to shorten my .bib files, as can be
seen in this MWE

@periodical{DebatMem2002,
   title = {Le Débat},
   number = {122},
   langid = {french},
   date = {2002}
   }
@article{ChartiersurRicoeur2002,
   author = {Roger Chartier},
   title = {Le passé au présent},
   crossref = {DebatMem2002},
   pages = {4--11}
   }

Which keys should I use to achieve the same under ConTeXt? I found xcrossref
and percentcrossref keys "Bibliographies.  The ConTeXt way" but could'nt figure
out
how to use them. Here is my ConTeXt MWE
as a starting point

There is the following code related to crossref in publ-imp-definitions.mkiv

\startxmlsetups btx:format:crossref
    \cite[\btxfield{crossref}]
\stopxmlsetups

but this doesn't seem to be trigger and doesn't feel like the correct way to handle crossrefs.

Aditya