On 9/30/19 2:16 AM, Jeroen wrote:
> I have condensed it into a single document. The footer has in the right
> side the page numbering and at the left the "section". Both only start
> at the second page, which is good. I was wondering if the "section"
> could have the "title" in front of it. The title always stays the same,
> and the section changes.

Hi Jeroen,

I reply to your questions and make some comments.

> \setuppapersize[A4,portrait]
>                [A4,portrait]

This isn’t required, since this is the default.

> \usetypescript[pagella]
> \setupbodyfont[pagella,12pt]

I would say that the first line isn’t required.

> \setupcolors[state=start]

If I’m not wrong, this is also the default.

> \setupfootertexts[section][]

This might be what you need:

    \setupfootertexts[section][\getvariable{document}{metadata:title}]

> \startdocument[
>   metadata:title={MkIV Context Notes},
>   metadata:subtitle={},
>   metadata:subject={MkIV Context},
>   affiliation=Context]

I don’t know why, your sample doesn’t include the matching \stopdocument
command. Could you compile your sample source without errors?

I hope it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk