Pablo Rodriguez schrieb am 20.10.2019 um 12:36:
On 10/20/19 11:49 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
Pablo Rodriguez schrieb am 18.10.2019 um 16:23:
[...]
When splitting extreme tables, I cannot use \dontleavehmode.
1. What is the purpose of \dontleavehmode in your example?
Sorry, Wolfgang, I forgot to mention.

\dontleavehmode is required to center the table when
\startmakeup[standard][align=center].

You can use the float environment and disable the counter.

\starttext

\startplacefigure [location={none,split}]
    \startxtable
        \dorecurse{100}
           {\startxrow
                \startxcell xxx \stopxcell
                \startxcell xxx \stopxcell
            \stopxrow}
    \stopxtable
\stopplacefigure

\stoptext

Another option is framedtext which can be centered.

\starttext

\startframedtext [location=middle,width=fit,frame=off]
    \startxtable
        \startxrow
            \startxcell xxx \stopxcell
            \startxcell xxx \stopxcell
        \stopxrow
    \stopxtable
\stopframedtext

\stoptext

2. Why do you try to split a table in a makup environment (which will
never work)?
\setupxtable[split=yes] is a general setup for the whole document.

I mean, I don’t want a table in the document to be stuck between pages.

Only sometimes I have makeups with tables. And this was my first issue
with the conflicting general setup.

When you short table keeping them together can be better or do you want short tables with five rows to be split across pages.

Wolfgang