On 10/25/2019 3:09 PM, mf wrote:
Hello list,
is there a way to place only one single entry of a register, or a selection of entries?

I looked into strc-reg.mkiv and strc-reg.lua and i would answer "no, it's not possible". I could hack strc-reg.lua and define a command to do that, but maybe a better solution is already there.

Here's a very simple MWE to work on, in case it's possible:

\starttext
Cat\index{cat}, mouse\index{mouse}.
\page
Cat\index{cat}, dog\index{dog}.
\page
\placeindex
\page
Here I'd like to place only the "cat" entry:\par
\placeindex[criterium=???]
\stoptext
i guess the opposite makes more sense: combine different registers and then have different entries (kind of categories)

\defineregister[one]
\defineregister[two]

\starttext

one \one{alpha}

two \two{beta}

\subject{ONE}     \placeregister[one]
\subject{TWO}     \placeregister[two]
\subject{ONE,TWO} \placeregister[one,two]

\stoptext

now you need to wikity ...