Hi again,

I just installed anew lmtx from Pragma website

        http://lmtx.pragma-ade.nl/install-lmtx/context-osx-64.zip

and I have the same problem: the format cannot be made.
Looking at luametatex in a Terminal window, I get

        -rwxr--r-- 1 kavian staff 2.7M Dec 6 13:15
/context-osx-64/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/luametatex*

and I cannot tell whether it is old or recent, but typing

        luametatex --version

gives among other things:

        Functionality : level 20191029

Is this too old? Is this file created during installation or is it contained in
the zip files downloaded from Pragma's site?

Thanks for any help,
Best regards: Otared K.