Hi,

Regarding the first two issues your are reporting on, your file typesets
correctly with my installation of LMTX (version 2019.12.04 21:35). I get the
three different sizes of \sum as expected, and the underbrace has $n$ under the
middle of the brace.

The third issue is present, as you are saying in your message. But I don't know
what you are trying to achieve with two \startalign...\stopalign in the same
formula.

Best regards: OK