Hi Rik,

Thanks a lot for the link to that message dating back to 2010…

I tried to put that solution on the wiki but I could not create a new page.
I'll try later.

For the record, below is a transcript of what I adapted from Wolfgang's
solution, but maybe nowadays one could also right a more readable lua code to
achieve the same.

Best regards: Otared K.

\define\thinrulesfillpage%
        {
        \hphantom{Answer} % this is necessary, I don't know why...
        \blank

\scratchcounter\dimexpr(\pagegoal-\pagetotal-2\lineheight)/(\dimexpr\lineheight+2.2ex\relax)\relax
        \thinrules[n=\number\scratchcounter,inbetween={\blank[2.2ex]}]
        \page
        }

\showframe
\starttext