Hi Dalyoung,

I installed MacOS 10.15 Catalina on a partition of my Mac and tried to install
LuaMetaTeX there. I did not succeed …
Indeed I had to disable completely the Gatekeeper from the Terminal by issuing
the command

        sudo spctl --master-disable

(which, one can re-enable again by saying sudo spctl --master-enable).
But the problem is that  after issuing the command

        sh install.sh

the three files mtx-install.lua, mtxrun.lua, mtxrun, which are in

        /context-osx-64/bin/

get overwritten and are modified for some unknown reasons: in particular the
two lua files become complete garbage… while in MacOS 10.14 these files are
unchanged.
So in fact the installation process cannot continue in MacOS 10.15, and even
though the directories in

        /context-osx-64/tex/

are created, the binaries and the formats are not there. I guess other people
on the list may have installed LuaMetaTeX under MacOS 10.15 and they can help
us understand what is going on.

Later in the day I'll try to understand how to bypass the security assessments
(and the overwrite of the above three files) of MacOS 10.15, and let you know
if I find a solution.

Sorry for not being helpful at this point…

Best regards: Otared K.