> On 23. Jan 2020, at 12:45, Tomas Hala <tomas.h...@mendelu.cz> wrote:
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> move definitions and setups for Three and Four before the use of \framed.
> (With TL2019 works.)
>
> Wishes,
>
> Tomáš

Thank you for the hint - we’re still waiting for an answer to Wolfgang’s bonus
question. But I have continued testing and discovered what is certainly a bug.
Here’s a new example:

\setbreakpoints [compound]

\definelinenumbering
   [original]
   [style=\tx\ss,distance=-1ex,step=5,location=inleft,start=10,color=darkred]

\definelinenumbering
   [translation]
   [style=\tx\ss,distance=-1ex,step=5,location=inleft,start=50,color=darkblue]

\starttext

\framed
  [background=color,
   backgroundcolor=gray,
   align={normal},
   frame=off,
   loffset=6ex,
   width=\textwidth,
   foregroundstyle=\ss]
{\startlinenumbering[original]
 \input knuth
 \stoplinenumbering
  \blank [line]
   \startlinenumbering[translation]
   \input klein
   \stoplinenumbering}

\stoptext

If you compile it, you will see that the “color” key of the two defined
linenumbering environments is not followed. If you comment out the first line
\setbreakpoints [compound], you will get two colors, as expected. I leave it as
an exercise for Hans and Wolfgang to explain what’s going on here :-)

Thomas