Am 08.02.2020 um 09:31 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez:
> Hi Peter,
>
> here you have a minimal sample with file name changed inside the
> attachment command:
>
>    \setupinteraction[state=start]
>     \starttext
>     an attachment\attachment[file=secret-name.pdf,
>         type={application/pdf},
>         %~ method=hidden,
>         name=other-name]
>     \stoptext
>
> If method is hidden (no annotation), /EmbeddedFiles doesn’t honor the
> "name" option.
>
> If method is normal (generating an annotation), /T in /FileAttachment
> doesn’t "honor the "name" option.
>
> Would it be possible that both cases contain the value from the name
> "option" instead of file?
>
> Many thanks for checking this,
>
> Pablo
> --
> http://www.ousia.tk

Hi Pablo,

my first thought was: how can you rename something that isn't showing up
(as text) in the PDF anywhere?
On a second thought this makes sense, if you want to hide the original
file name in the PDF code. Shouldn't be to hard to make this work even
for hidden attachments.

But it can also be argued that this feature gives the user a false sense
of security. Any attachment with metadata may contain additional
information that makes the prior name change useless.
And in the end the author of the document is responsible for it. In my
opinion renaming a file before embedding it, is acceptable in this
security context. But maybe I'm wrong here...

Peter