On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 07:38:54PM +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 2/11/2020 6:26 PM, Rudolf Bahr wrote:
>
> > "whereis mtxrun" gives:
> >     ~/context-lmtx/bin/mtxrun.lua
> >     ~/context-lmtx/bin/mtxrun
> >     ~/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/mtxrun.lua
> >     ~/context-lmtx/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/mtxrun
> i assume that you run the last one in this list, which is a copy of or link
> to the luametatex binary in the texmf-linux-64/bin path

Hans, thank you for your answer!

So I run explicitly the second one:
   ~/context-lmtx/bin/mtxrun --generate
but I got the same error.

Now I wiped totally my directory "~/context-lmtx/" and made a new installation
by a newly loaded zip-file from "http://pragma-ade.nl/install.htm"; (64 bit
Linux),
I canceled the context concerning parts of the PATH variable in .bashrc and
took over
the suggested PATH of installation process with a following "source .bashrc" of
course:
   LuaMetaTeX, Version 2.03.15
   ConTeXt  ver: 2020.02.11 16:41 MKIV beta  fmt: 2020.2.11

Sorry, "~/context-lmtx/bin/mtxrun --generate" again resulted in:
   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTOLOC' set to 'bin'
   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTODIR' set to '.'
   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTOPARENT' set to '..'
   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXMFCNF' set to ''
   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXMF' set to ''
   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXOS' set to '.'
   resolvers       | resolving | warning: no lua configuration files found
   resolvers       | resolving | no texmf paths are defined (using TEXMF)

"mtxrun --generate" run outside the installation directory gets the same result:
   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTOLOC' set to
'/home/sam/context-lmtx/bin'
   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTODIR' set to
'/home/sam/context-lmtx'
   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'SELFAUTOPARENT' set to '/home/sam'
   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXMFCNF' set to ''
   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXMF' set to ''
   resolvers       | resolving | variable 'TEXOS' set to 'context-lmtx'
   resolvers       | resolving | warning: no lua configuration files found
   resolvers       | resolving | no texmf paths are defined (using TEXMF)

I assume, as the last line indicates, the error is here: variable 'TEXMF' set
to ''.
Am I right in that this variable has nothing to do with an environment variable?

Rudolf