On 2/13/2020 12:45 AM, Rik Kabel wrote:

Perhaps there is something in the difference between annotations and attachments that results in different treatments by the various viewers.
it has always been that messy; there's also the annotation symbol treatment that can differ; it doesn't help that acrobat changed behaviour a couple of times i think

this is why the whole attachment handling was as it is: some comprimise that kind of made them show up ok on the average; but validatin spoiled this and now we're stick with these incompatible viewer behaviour .. not much we can do about it i fear

(For instance, i remember that at some point acrobat showed attachments twice in some lists. Often these features ended up in specs without viewer support yet so probably not well tested for interferences either.)