On 2/16/20 11:00 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> [...]
> in lmtx there is more precise handling of edge cases (protrusion) that
> are ignored in mkiv ... so any difference that you observe can simply be
> a side effect of tex deciding otherwise (because these calculations do
> influence linebreaks)
>
> anyway, you should use 'stretch' to because otherwise expansion and
> protrusion has not enough options to do better (the linebreak third pass
> that is)
>
> \setupalign[hanging, stretch, hz]

Many thanks for your reply, Hans.

I’m afraid that "stretch" doesn’t make any difference with TeX Gyre
Heros (https://pdf.ousia.tk/stretch-mkxl-hz.pdf) and it only corrected
one problematic case with Source Serif Pro
(https://pdf.ousia.tk/stretch-ssp-mkxl-hz.pdf).

Sorry if I hadn’t expressed myself accurately before. The issue here
isn’t having exactly the same output in both MkIV and MkXL. The real
problem is that characters are misplaced in MkXL with hz enabled. I
think this might be a bug.

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--