On 3/3/2020 16:51, Hans van der Meer wrote:
In producing epub <break/>s are appearing (on the -raw.xml file) that are unwanted and seem spurious to me. For example aftersome macro's. Can someone tell me what triggers a <break/>? In the pdf output such breaks are absent.

dr. Hans van der Meer

There are many situations in which the export contains break elements that don't appear to be associated with aspects of the pdf output.  See, for example, the following messages from 2018 in which I noted a few of them:

 * Spurious breaks in export when blank line ends paragraph
   <https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg88729.html>
 * More spurious problems in exports
   <https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg88311.html>
 * Unexpected <break/> in XML output
   <https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg88268.html>

If you provide an example of your ConTeXt source demonstrating the problem, perhaps someone on the list can help.

--
Rik