Henning Hraban Ramm schrieb am 16.03.2020 um 15:42:

Am 2020-03-16 um 14:35 schrieb Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl>:
Yes, pagella is a extreme case but when you use bold text the vertical spacing
is also messed up. You can avoid this when you use a fixed lineheight (e.g.
\setupinterlinespace[line=14pt]) because the default distance is font dependant
(default: 2.8 * ex-height).
or one can play with these parameters, that default to:

\setupinterlinespace
  [height=.72,
   depth=.28]

(maybe we should have recomended values for specific fonts)

I had similar problems in the past and got to
2.9ex for Alegreya
3.2ex for Adobe Jenson

(Just tried, didn’t calculate anything.)

How would this help for the original problem?

Wolfgang