On Mon, 13 Apr 2020, Fabrice Couvreur wrote:

Hi,
Sorry to restart the discussion, but I have updated my entire system and
the problem remains. I used the example of Aditya.
Thank you.
Fabrice

\usemodule[pgfplots]
\starttext
\starttikzpicture
  \startaxis
    \addplot {x};
  \stopaxis
\stoptikzpicture
\stoptext

tex error       > tex error on line 5 in file pgfplotsbinary.data.code.tex:
! Undefined control sequence

l.5 ...ode`\^0=11    \expandafter\xdef\csname pgfp@bin@\the\counter
\endcsname{^0

   }\advance\counter by1
lua error:

I have no clue what pgfplotsbinary.data.code.tex does, but simply bypassing that works for the simple example above.

Simply create an empty file with the name pgfplotsbinary.data.code.tex in your current directory and compile your example.

Note that if your code uses any of the features which are provided by this file (and I am not sure what they are), then it will fail. But at least this "fix" works for the simple example above.

Aditya